I have lots of books that want me to read them, but I'll be starting with
Where the Red Fern Grows--I started it yesterday and got a couple of chapters in
Dead Souls--so far so good, but I'm not very far along yet.
I think I'll save any vintage SF for later in the day--so far this week I've zipped through 3 already!
I'll update every so often, but mostly in a readathon, I read. Have a great reading day!
12:00pm PST: I didn't read either of those books. Instead I picked up History in English Words by Owen Barfield to read over breakfast, and just kept going with that. I read the first section of 4 chapters and now I'm going to switch.
The CC has some questions. I'm supposed to say:
- Name and Blog: Jean at Howling Frog Books
- Snacks and Beverages of Choice: so far, breakfast and water. And a slice of the lovely apple pie I made yesterday.
- Where are you reading from today?: my house.
- What are your goals for the Readathon?: modest--just to read as much as I can today.
- What book(s) are you planning on reading?: Dead Souls, Where the Red Fern Grows, History in English Words...
- Are you excited?:yes! :)
6:00pm PST: This afternoon I worked on three books:
Where the Red Fern Grows--I got more than halfway through. Boy, is there a lot about dogs and raccoons.
Dead Souls--I read three longish chapters and am nearly 100 pages in now. It's pretty funny!
Arthurian Romances--I read a little more than a third of "Erec et Enide," one of the earliest Arthurian romances. You never hear of Sir Erec nowadays, but he's got quite a story.