Mere Christianity

Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis

I've read this book several times, but this time I got it on Kindle for cheap.  My own copy is an ancient paperback, and it was nice to get an ebook version with type that is easier to focus on.  I enjoyed reading it very much.  Isn't it funny how reading a book in a different edition or format can bring new details out?  I have often felt like I was reading a whole new book when I got a new version of an old one.

Every time I read Mere Christianity I enjoy Lewis' insights. Of course that doesn't mean that I agree with him in every particular, but in the main there are few writers who can open a window into human nature the way he does.
  
  

Comments

  1. I find this book very enlightening as well. There are quite a few pearls of wisdom in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot in this book -- as in many of CS Lewis's nonfiction -- that I don't agree with and that makes me angry. But you're right, he has a lot of amazing insights and is such a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz