1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.
So far I have only read 6 TBR titles! I am not doing so hot.
- Anna Karenina, by Lev Tolstoy
- The Middle Window, by Elizabeth Goudge
- The Portrait of a Lady, by Henry James
- The Souls of Black Folk, by W. E. B. DuBois
- The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man
- The Chemical History of a Candle, by Michael Faraday
2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Post a picture of your favorite cover so far.
B. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)
D. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
A. None of the books had wonderful covers. Meh.
B Kitty! I love Kitty. I like Levin very much too. (They are from Anna Karenina.)
C I didn't really expect to enjoy Anna Karenina as much as I did. So far it's at the top spot for the year.
D. The Souls of Black Folk has been on my pile the longest, and it was definitely worth the wait; it was excellent.