CC Spin #45!

 It's time for the 45th Classics Club Spin!  You know the rules, so here's my list:

  1.  Amerika, by Kafka
  2. Thus Were Their Faces, by Silvina Ocampo
  3. Peter the Great's African, by Pushkin
  4. Lives, by Plutarch (vol I)
  5. Sybil, by Disraeli
  6.  Eichmann in Jerusalem, by Hannah Arendt 
  7. The Leopard, by di Lampedusa
  8. Life and Fate, by Vasily Grossman (this would be quite a feat!)
  9. Conjure Tales, by Charles Chesnutt
  10. Polyhistor Solinus 
  11.  Folktales collected by Afanas'ev (vol I of 3)
  12.  Sagas of Icelanders (aiming for 50% by the due date)
  13.  The Law and the Lady, by Wilkie Collins
  14. The Burning Plain, by Juan Rulfo
  15. The Beggar's Opera, by John Gay
  16. Sport of the Gods, by Paul Dunbar
  17. Phineas Finn, by Anthony Trollope
  18. The Well at the End of the World, by William Morris
  19. The Tale of Sinhue (ancient Egyptian poetry)
  20. The Once and Future King, by T. H. White
Hoping for: Once and Future King or Plutarch.  Nervous about: Life and Fate!  It's a brick!

What do you think?  Are you in the Spin and what are your picks?



Comments

  1. Fabulous! I love original lists!
    I have only read #20 (the ful lseries), and decades ago, parts of Putarch's.
    Your tough 8 woud be a good one on my list🤣: https://wordsandpeace.com/2026/08/12/the-classics-club-the-classics-spin-45/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Jean here) Thank you! I've often admired your lists because I find French literature so intimidating.

      Delete
    2. well, actually I don't have any French title in my 20 titles, and very few in my full list either. Having grown up in France, I did read a lot of classics in my younger years

      Delete
  2. I would be nervous about the Grossman too - such doorstoppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Jean here) I knoooow, I really want to read those Grossman novels, and yet they terrify me!

      Delete
  3. I delighted in The Once and Future King, so I'm crossing my fingers for you for #20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read The Once and Future King and loved it! So I’m rooting for that one. 😊 Good luck with the spin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The White Goddess

The History of the Franks

Faerie Queen Readalong I: Redcrosse, the Knight of Holiness