Woohoo, I did it! I combated my reading slump and reached my goal, and I had a lot of fun doing it.
I went off the rails a bit from my list, but that's what lists are for; so you can turn into a pirate and flout them if you want. A couple I decided not to read; I've color-coded a few for if I'm partly into them or just haven't gotten to them yet.
Going to the Wars, by John VerneyWalking the Bones of Britain, by Christopher SomervilleCastle Dor, by Arthur Quiller-Couch and Daphne du Maurier The Curse of the Montrolfes, by Ronan O'Grady Germany Jekyll and Hyde, by Sebastian Haffner (whoa, seriously heavy-duty, save for later)The Elements of Typographic Style, by Robert Bringhurst Braiding Sweetgrass, by Robin Wall KimmererKnock Three Times! by Marion St. John WebbThe Otterbury Incident, by C.Day Lewis The Millicent Quibb School....by Kate McKinnon (got 5 pages in, not for me)Kraken, by China MievilleWhen They Severed Earth From Sky, by Elizabeth Wayland Barber On Power and the Powerless, by Vaclav HavelOn Lying and Politics, by Hannah ArendtBushman Lives! by Daniel PinkwaterEarly Riser, by Jasper FfordeThe Road to Roswell, by Connie WillisWordhoard (Anglo-Saxon works), ed. by Jill Paton Walsh Walking the Bowl, by Chris LockhartSunken Lands, by Gareth ReesBeau Geste, by P C WrenParables of KierkegaardI'm pretty happy! I wound up reading 22 books, most of my list, and some extras. I really enjoyed all the reading time and feel like I did well in rebuilding my reading habits, which as I've said elsewhere, I lost a lot of in the stress of the last couple of years.
So many thanks to AnnaBookBel for hosting, because I always really have fun with this challenge!
Yay! I suddenly remembered Daniel Pinkwater yesterday, and decided to look for a book of his to read during Shorty September.
ReplyDelete(Jean) Oh, do! He is so fun!
Delete